1898 Alaska Portland Packers stakes claim at junction of Wood and Nushagak River (future site of Dillingham, AK) for salmon cannery.
1911 Pacific American Fisheries Co. (PAF) builds cannery at King Cove, Alaska.
1914 P. E. Harris changes name of Hawk Fish Company to P. E. Harris. At that time the sales price of 1# can of salmon was $0.09 (“Double Q” label). This stands for Quality and Quantity.
1917 PAF Claims land at Port Moller, Alaska site of current Port Moller operations. PAF builds cannery at Port Moller. Trap sites are developed at Port Moller and the Port Moller Spit.
1933 PAF and Deming & Gould register “Deming’s” label and brand for canned salmon in the U.S.A.
1954 Deming’s label and brand introduced into United Kingdom for canned salmon.
1962 P. E. Harris Company, Inc. changes its name to Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. (PPSF).
1979 Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. sold to Nichiro Gyogyo Kaisha, Ltd.
1985 Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. purchases 50% of Astoria Warehousing, Inc. in Astoria, OR.
1988 The Valdez facility is completed and begins operation.
1989 Seattle warehouse is completed and opened to support Alaska operations.
1994 Golden Alaska Seafoods Company is merged into Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. as subsidiary Golden Alaska Seafoods, Inc. (GASI).
2007 Nichiro Corporation merges with Maruha Corporation in Japan creating the largest seafood company in the world.
2017 Peter Pan Seafoods, Inc. continues to produce the top selling brands of canned salmon in the United States.